Re: New Exhaust System

To: "Bob Norway" <examiner@scci.net>,
Subject: Re: New Exhaust System
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:00:05 -0500
Bob,

When I had my Monza installed I to noticed the popping and such from the
tail and had questions about it.  About that time I went to an SCCA Road
race and I noticed that the cars there were experiencing the same effect
when they let off for a turn .  I asked around and was told "That's just
what they do".  I tried to tune mine out and then took it to a local carb
shop (the guy worked for BL at one time) and he said pretty much the same
thing..

The louder noise coming from the eng compartment might be normal engine
noise that you didn't hear before due to the metal thickness of the stock
exhaust manifold, I installed a 4-2-1 Rimmer Stainless Sport exhaust last
spring and I noticed the noisiness right away..

Good luck and enjoy that exhaust note!!

N.A. Campiglia III
'67 Spitfire MKIII
'74 Spitfire 1500