another headlight sw bites the dust.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: another headlight sw bites the dust.
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 11:38:22 -0700
hmpf. My second headlight rocker switch broke on Sat, in the exact
same point as the previous one (One of the little teeth that holds
the whole thing together). My conclusion is that the plastics
used by Mr. Lucas become exceedingly brittle after the first 30 years
or so. I don't think that I abused this one in any way, although
I may have bumped it while making a template for my new tranny tunnel.
Anyone found a substitute switch that fits nicely in the same hole ?

I'll be makeing the new tunnel out of sheet metal, and given the shape
of the datsun tranny, I should get more leg room than original,
and lots of room for stereo equipment, if I dare put it in
the cockpit. ;-)

I still haven't taken an pics for the web page. Having too much
fun driving the car.
--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com