Re: Oil Filter listing

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter listing
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:52:07 +0100
Peter S. wrote:

> I am collecting everyone's responses about what oil filters they use in
> their Spitfire 1500's and Mk4's.
>
> UNIPART  GFE4 (was GFE119)

Peter,
        GFE4 actually replaced GFE119 in the Unipart range, they ARE NOT the
same filter - the GFE119 did its job well, the GFE4 should never be
fitted to a Triumph engine, no matter what Unipart claims in its
listings, because it drains almost as soon as the engine is switched
off. The latest Champion D102 (which had previously been my preference)
has the same problem, so I no longer recommend these either.
        Just wanted to clarify this,
                Regards,
                        Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup