Re: Driveshaft

To: Ken C <KenCunningham@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Driveshaft
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:01:43 -0700
Ken,
I don't know of any reason you can't fabricate them if you have at least
one good one to use as a pattern.

However, with that said, if you can find a shaft with a slider joint on
one end, that is a much better way to go than the strap type.  I
replaced mine with one of those when I switched to an OD tranny.

Joe

Ken C wrote:

> Fellow Spitfire Listers,
>
> The driveshaft on my '72 Spitfire is the 'strap' type, and some of the
> straps are broken. They are approx. 3" long, 3/4" wide, .035-.040" thick,
> and made from spring steel, and ya need eight. Are replacements available ?
> Can't find anything in the catalogs. Has anyone made their own ?
>
> Thanks,   Ken C

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer