Re: Cooling fan questions

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling fan questions
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:33:02 -0400
At 09:18 PM 7/9/99 EDT, Metallian6@aol.com wrote:

>Hello fellow listers. I am still having a small cooling problem with my 1979
>Spitfire 1500 "Judas".

<SNIP>

>Also is there a temp gage I can install that reads in numbers instead of
>lines?

Hi Jamie,

As far as seeing how hot your engine is actually running, in degrees, you
could sneak the wife or girlfriends candy thermometer out to the garage,
remove the (cold) pressure cap, and run the engine until it warms up.

Or you could buy a little magnetic thermometer that sticks right to the
pressure cap.  I have a couple of those (they are only $5 - 10 bucks) and
they seem to be fairly accurate. It's the flat kind where circles turn
black at certain temps.

Good Luck,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went
nuts."