RE: Commission plate location.

To: "'Huw Upshall'" <hupshall@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: RE: Commission plate location.
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:01:49 -0400
You should have seen me trying to register my Spit. The VIN number tag was
broken off from the windshield frame, and I had to got to the central DMV
office to get a new one issued.
I think the PO had the windshield replaced, breaking the VIN tab off in the
process, (as evident by the twisted remains of the windshield trim strips.)
My local mechanic suggested that he could "make" a new one, this didn't sit
quite right with me.
I could just see the DMV officer commenting on the shiny look of the VIN
tag.
At least the let me keep the same VIN number that was on the commission
plate in the aforementioned door jam.
I agree with not playing around with VIN numbers on cars!

Glenn Bowley
FM30644U (at least for now)