Re: Spit Hardtop Questions

To: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <dougbert@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit Hardtop Questions
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:22:48 -0700
I used to hang my old Datsun Roadsters hard top from the garage ceiling.  It
had some pretty beefy mounts to bolt to the car so I used these to suspend
it from the ceiling with rope and pulley's.  It naturally wanted to rest
upside down so I used a plastic tarp to protect the headliner from dust.  As
a safety I used a truck bed netted cargo rope just lightly under it to
provide additional holding power (in California - earth quake capital).  I
didn't want it to land on a car or my head.  Funny thing was, I only had it
on the car when I brought the hard top home, and next when I sold the car.
Complete waste of money for me as if it was raining I would simply drive my
primary car!
Peter S