RE: Couple of ??'s

To: "'Neil McAllister'" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Couple of ??'s
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:40:00 -0600
Neil- the size of thrust washers is determined once you get into the engine.
The best way is to remove the ones you have after measuring end-float,
measure them, then measure the thickness of the new standard thrust washers.
If the difference doesn't leave you .004 to .008, then you need to  go with
larger sizes. I know we use one stnd and one .005 in our 1300. Hope this
helps
Mark Haynes
'65 Spitfire RMVR #162