Re: Plastic Engine Valences?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plastic Engine Valences?
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:32:53 -0700
At 09:08 AM 6/2/99 PDT, you wrote:

>Hi List,
>What I have wondered is what kind of plastic would be good to use as they
>seem so easy to cut myself. Would plexiglass work? Anyone have any
>experience with making them themselves. Any ohter materials besides plastic?
>Any thoughts?
>Keith

        Plexiglas(tm) is far too brittle and subject to heat damage to be used
for
valances.  Over time and exposure to oil, it becomes very fragile and will
break apart easily.

        I'd suggest something more like an ABS type, somewhat flexible under
most
circumstances and resistant to most oils.

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |