Re: Plastic Engine Valences?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plastic Engine Valences?
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:26:47 PDT
I made my valances out of 0.075" Aluminum that I powdercoated black to match
all the other powdercoated stuff in my engine bay.  I used my old ones and
the drawings previously referred to as the basis but mine are modified a
bit.  The Al is thin enough to hand bend and cut though I used an electric
sheet metal cutter and a 100 ton hydraulic press brake.

Someone wanted black abs.  You can get in from industrial supply companies
like McMaster Carr  www.mcmaster.com  though I've never seen black abs in
thin enough sheets that I would make valances out of.  Maybe black PVC?

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire