RE: Tub removal

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tub removal
From: Mike Welch <mikew@turbopower.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:25:50 -0600
There are 12 bolts that hold the tub to the frame, any of the catalogs will
show where they are.  There should be two at the front of each footwell, two
more under each seat, and two more on either side of the access plate by the
fuel tank.  I took my tub off using a pulley attached to a cross-beam in my
garage, but it's light enough to be handled by two people.  My tub was
completely stripped when I got it (just a rusted shell), so I'm not sure
about some of the other attachments, but make sure nothing is connected at
the firewall (wiring, clutch, accelerator linkage, wiring, ground straps,
did I mention wiring?)
  Free parts grab? Any chance of having that in Colorado?<g>

Mike Welch
'68 +/- Spitfire MkIII
'60 Jaguar MkII
http://home.turbopower.com/~mikew