Dash warning lamp part number

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash warning lamp part number
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 07:14:27 -0700
Does anybody have an actual bulb part number listing (not the VB, MOSS, or
TRF part number) for the little bulb that is used for the "brake" warning
indicator used on later Spitfires? This is the rectangular plastic push in
dash indicator, not the round screw in style.  I'm not sure of the bulb
style, but looking at the socket that holds it in, it appears to be of the
screw in type as opposed to the bayonet type (but I could be wrong)  This
lamp base appears to be smaller (roughly 1/4 inch dia) than the ones used
in the gauges (these around 3/8th of an inch).  My local Kragen auto parts
store (which never seems to carry anything I am looking for, so I don't
know why I go) didn't have anything that would fit and I hate to place an
order for something just to get a couple of bulbs!