Re: Rubber Grommets for the wiring harness

To: hupshall@wolfenet.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Grommets for the wiring harness
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 01:46:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/99 12:31:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hupshall@wolfenet.com writes:

> Where the heck can I get the rubber grommets for the wiring harness?

Huw,

Most of the major LBC vendors carry these grommets. In fact, TRF puts out a
complete kit of ALL the rubber grommets, body plugs, etc, that you will need.
At least they do for the TR6; I assume they do for the Spitfire as well. If
no one sells a complete kit for the Spitfire, all of the items are available
individually.

As for putting the grommets on over an old wiring harness, it is not as hard
as you might think. Spray them liberally with WD-40, and they will go right
on. It's amazing how big a bundle of wire will slip through one of the
seemingly too small holes in the grommets.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74