Re: performance cams

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: performance cams
From: BWN <bwnbcg@cruzio.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:23:16 -0700
Glenn

A couple of years ago I rebuilt a 1500 for my 65 Spit.  I went .030 over
and installed flat top pistons.  Also, I had .060 milled off the head.
Sounds like a lot, but that is what some racing shops suggested.  The
machine shop balked and said they could not guarantee anything going
that far.  But it worked out OK.

I installed a cam I got from Brit Parts Northwest 503-864-2001.  It is
their model HR 270/2.  A mild+ street cam.

I am running a Weber down draft.

The whole thing works beautifully!  Lotta performance all the way
through.  In fact, I shattered a crank not to long after i installed the
whole thing.  Be careful.

Spend the extra money to have the engine balanced before assembly.  It
should cost about $120.

All the best,

Brian N

65 Spit