Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 17:55:46 -0500
At 03:14 PM 2/2/99 EST, Greg wrote:
>Hello to all.
>
>My clutch slave cylinder has decided to assume the title of "Leakiest
>Component
>On The Car" (and that's no small accomplishment).  I've obtained the
necessary
>rebuild kit and set aside some weekend time, but I'm loathe to gut the
>interior once again to gain the necessary access.  Has anyone ever managed to
>remove, reinstall and bleed Mr. Slave Cylinder from under the car or under
the
>bonnet?  And if so, was it so aggravating that you swore to just pull apart
>the interior the next time?

Greg,

   If you haven't replaced the cardboard xmission tunnel with one of the
newer fiberglass or composites you should.  Next, when you do replace it,
what about cutting a large hole in the pass side.  Then you could poprivet
some aluminumn ears to the piece you cut out and screw the plug on with
some sheet metal screws and speed nuts.  The only problem left would be
the carpet.  This could be cut to form a flap and some velcro put on the
back of the flap to hold it in place.

John

>78 Spit - daily driver
>72 Spit - floorlessly awaiting TLC