Re: Leaky Header Woes

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Leaky Header Woes
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:25:11 EST
Bob,

A possible fix for the header banging on the chassis.  The car that I recently
bought has a small bracket that someone fabricated that attaches to the engine
via one of the bell housing bolts.  Then a muffler clamp attaches to the
bracket.  Although I have never driven this car for more than around the block
it looks like it is a pretty easy way to reduce that rattle in the tight
squeeze area between the bell housing and the chassis.

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500
'78 Spitfire 1500
Hawaii (Currently in PA)