Re: Leaky Header Woes

To: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>, Spitfriends <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Leaky Header Woes
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:22:36 -0500
Bob,

When Ed Hamilton installed the header on his '80 1500 last summer, he
reported that he had to bring the header to a muffler shop and have the
bottom re-formed so that it sat 1 1/2 inches closer to the motor.  Since
you have verified that both mating surfaces are flat, it would seem that is
your next step.

His post is copied below.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire