Re:GT6 engine in a spit

To: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell), spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:GT6 engine in a spit
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:12:56
Glenn,  Where can I obtain a copy of the Triumphtune manual?  How much?  Do
you have any aluminum V6's in mind.  I have been thinking about a Chevy
2.8L, but am encouraged by the Buick 3.8L, It is bigger than I really need
(no duh) but the inexpensive cost (rebuilt long block and heads $699 from
PepBoys) and the availability of parts is a most definite plus.  So what
would it take to get that much HP out of a 1500, would it keep my car
street driveable, what about wear?

Thanks, Patrick

At 09:44 PM 10/16/98 -0400, Glenn Trunnell wrote:
>You didn't mention if your engine is stock or not, but I think that you'd
>be better off modifying your four cylinder than swapping in a GT6 engine.
>I just got a copy of the Triumphtune manual and they give details on making
>as much as 125 hp from the four cylinder.  You get a big horsepower boost
>with no weight penality or body changes etc.  If you're determined to do a
>swap put an aluminum V6 in, in my opinion the triumph 6 isn't worth the
>trouble for the amount of power you gain.
>
>Just my thoughts
>
>Glenn

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire