Re:GT6 engine in a spit

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:GT6 engine in a spit
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:44:04 -0400 (EDT)
You didn't mention if your engine is stock or not, but I think that you'd
be better off modifying your four cylinder than swapping in a GT6 engine.
I just got a copy of the Triumphtune manual and they give details on making
as much as 125 hp from the four cylinder.  You get a big horsepower boost
with no weight penality or body changes etc.  If you're determined to do a
swap put an aluminum V6 in, in my opinion the triumph 6 isn't worth the
trouble for the amount of power you gain.

Just my thoughts

Glenn