Non LBC, somthing realy cool at work

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Non LBC, somthing realy cool at work
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:17:10 +0000
Just thaught I would say, there is somthing real cool happening at work
today.  They are lifing a 15 ton vacume vessel, 4.2 round x 4.1 Meters
through the roof of the hanger at work.  If any of you were saw a big
load with a police going up the M4, up the dule carageway towards oxford
yesterday, you probebly saw MAST.  The new fusion experiment here.

Hopefuly the people who put the crain up got there calculations right.
The roof is comming off very soon, and I'm going to have my lunch
outside today.  Nice day sunny weather.

This reminds me of an artical I saw where a chap started a Spitfire
restoration project, had an extension built, and realised  he could not
get it out.  So a crain was hired, to lift the car up over the house,
and put it down on his drive.

Only thing is, this ways 15 tones compaired to 0.8, and they have to
have alot of reach.  So I recon on one of the feet of the crain they
could have 60 tonnes of weight, on a 30 cm diamiter foot, with wood then
a 1.2 meeter square block.  Hope they did there maths right.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot