Re: License Plate Mounting

To: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Subject: Re: License Plate Mounting
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:21:14 -0700
I forgot about the front plat in my last message.
On the front, I constructed a support from sheet aluminum exactly the
sixe of the license plate.  I drilled two holes in the center of the
support that match the bumper holes.  I also drilled holes to match the
plate.

I bolted the support onto the bumper (centered vertically) and then
bolted the plate onto the support.  It is high enough to clear most
curbs but not high enough to restrict air to the radiator.

Joe

scott.barr@mccarty-law.com wrote:

> Brad -
>
> I've left the plate OFF the front of my GT6, tempting the low enforcement
> community to rain their wrath upon me, so I can't comment there except to say
> that I agree it looks a little silly out front.
>
> As to the back plate, I've stuck the fuzzy side of velcro (the self-adhesive
> type) on the back of the plate to keep it from marking the paint.  I'll be
> interested to hear your solution!
>
> Scott Barr
> scott.barr@mccarty-law.com

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer