Re:License Plate Mounting

To: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Subject: Re:License Plate Mounting
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:11:15 -0600
Hi Scott,

> I've left the plate OFF the front of my GT6, tempting the low
> enforcement community to rain their wrath upon me, so I can't
> comment there except to say that I agree it looks a little silly out
> front.

I'm tempted to put two holes in the middle of the plate and mount it
that way, there again, I don't know what the local law enforcement
would say!!

> As to the back plate, I've stuck the fuzzy side of velcro (the
> self-adhesive type) on the back of the plate to keep it from marking
> the paint.  I'll be interested to hear your solution!

Yours is the first response back but it sounds like a workable one.
I would assume as long as the plate is under a little tension from
the velcro it can't vibrate which would keep it from rubbing.  Thats
my real conern with what I have now. Rubbing.  Even though it would
probably be hidden under the plate, there has to be a better way
than what was originally provided.

So far yours has my vote!

Thanks

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Waiting for license plates now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)