Re: License Plate Mounting

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: License Plate Mounting
From: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:16:23 -0800
>How about it, any plate mounting suggestions??

I currently have my front plate mounted in the middle of the plate.  I got
a chrome frame to stiffen the plate and then drilled two holes directly
through the plate.  This is a compromise between the lip dragging and dorky
look.
My Rear plate is mounted with rubber gaskets under a aluminum backing plate
that prevents the paint from being damaged.
You can see pictures of the mounts on my web page at:
http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/spitfire/
I also have an older picture of my spit that shows what happens when you
mount it to the front from the upper two holes on the plate.

-Kirk Crawford
mailto:kirk.crawford@beachnet.com
http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/ (updated 4/7/98)
For Sale 1986 Ramcharger $6500 http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/ramcharger/