Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?

To: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 09:12:07 -0400
larry hooven wrote:

> dave i wouldn't imagine it to be to hard to get the engine to spin in
> the right direction...all things being symetrical, though i have never
> tried this, i would think that changing the timing and fire order on
> the cap would produce the desired effect...strictly from an
> engineering viewpoint....not sure..

Oh, that pesky little business about the camshaft being backwards might
give you some trouble..(let's see, that'd be
Exhaust/Combustion/Compression/Intake, I have a feeling that it might
idle funny... :^)

Of course,, you could probably pull the camshaft, whack the gear onto
the other end and stick it back in, should sort things right out for
you.  Not TOO much engineering and machine work there!  And I'll bet if
you just swapped the red and black wires on the battery the starter
motor would spin backwards, so that part would be no problemo!  But then
again, the heater motor would then suck instead of blow and you might
get brain damage from the lack of oxygen.  Better keep those windows
down!

Certainly ALL worth it to be able to use that stupefyingly potent Civic
motor!

<sarcasm mode off>

:^)

John