Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?

To: David Greed <greed@wave.co.nz>, James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 21:47:30 -0800 (PST)
dave i wouldn't imagine it to be to hard to get the engine to spin in
the right direction...all things being symetrical, though i have never
tried this, i would think that changing the timing and fire order on
the cap would produce the desired effect...strictly from an
engineering viewpoint....not sure..

---David Greed  wrote:

> James
>
> >Have to agree with the motorbike engin, it would blow up in a
couple of
> >months, from all the strain.  I like the Honda Civic engin idea,
but how
> >do you convert it to RWD, have you looked into this.  My frend has
a 84
> >Honda Civic, and that a FWD 1.3.  He is aslo away for the month,
leaving
> >his car on the road.  Hmmmm.....
>

> Another problem with the Civic engine is that it spins
anti-clockwise when