Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?

To: Spencer Fleury <boylston_st@yahoo.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Engine swap in a 1500: Good or bad idea?
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 20:15:27 -0800 (PST)
hmmmm somewhere between i think, although the 1000 cc engines are good
at driving the chain on the modern crotch rocket, the weight of your
spit is well out of the torque range of the engine, (ever notice the
fact that the rear gear on a kawi is about 14 inches in diameter and
the drive gear 3???)  plus the bike weighs less than 600
pounds....your spit curb weight is at least 1700...hmmm 1100 extra
pounds...this could pose a problem...unless you like driving at
35...best bet is to find a reasonable engine block that would be cheap
to rebuild, (honda civic 79-80) comes to mind...or bite the bullet and
rebuild the spit engine,  that's what i did.....

larry