Re: Spit Shift Kit Praise

To: GatesDavid@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spit Shift Kit Praise
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 22:59:16 -0600
Hi David,

> I have a '73 Spit that I have had for only about 6 months.  This
> sounds like it would really help my gearbox.  Just a couple
> questions.  First, how can I get ahold of catalogs that would have
> these type of parts, "SPIT_BITS"?  Or any others.  Second, there was
> some discussion of a three-rail gearbox.  How can I tell what type
> of gearbox I have?

According to the informatin I have, the 73 does use a 3 rail
transmission.  And like everyone else I can vouch for what the
shifter kit does for the shifting.  Amazing difference.  Check out
Http://www.spitbits.com  they have them along with the big 3.

Spitbits   1-800-201-0494
Victoria British 1-800-255-0088
TRF  1-800-234-1104
Moss 1-800-667-7872

Although moss doesn't support the early spitfires to well.  In your
case a 73 might be ok.

Good luck

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (First test drive completed March 28th !!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)