Re: Spit Shift Kit Praise

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit Shift Kit Praise
From: GatesDavid <GatesDavid@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:43:41 EST

>I just wanted to let the list now that yesterday I installed a "Shifter
>Repair Kit" I got from SPIT_BITS.  Boy does that improve things.  Now the
>shifting feels real nice and tight!  No Slop!  I guess you have to replace
>those things after 30 years! <grin>

I have a '73 Spit that I have had for only about 6 months.  This sounds like
it would really help my gearbox.  Just a couple questions.  First, how can I
get ahold of catalogs that would have these type of parts, "SPIT_BITS"?  Or
any others.  Second, there was some discussion of a three-rail gearbox.  How
can I tell what type of gearbox I have?

Thanks,
David Gates
'73 Spitfire, New owner and loving it.