mgs

Re: MG Treats

To: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Subject: Re: MG Treats
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 15:02:25 -0700
At 10:44 PM 6/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>While we're on the subject, does anyone know if AM/FM *Cassettes* ever came
>stock? If so, I'd like to find one eventually. I much prefer Candide to
>Tacobell's Canon and the local staion likes the hits.
>
>Glenn

Hi Glen,

My `76 roadster came to me new  in April `76 with an AM\FM cassette deck
installed.  I don't recall the brand but I DO recall it was a piece of doggy
doo and was (almost) immediately replaced with a new Pioneer .  The speakers
were mounted in the doors and were, to put it mildly, pathetic.  New Jensen
4" in the doors and 6" rounds in the rear bulkhead, power amp with a
whopping 25 watts and headphone jacks in the center console made it a
prototype boom box.  Way cool, huh?  I still couldn't hear a damn thing at
speed with the top down, thus the headphones.  Car, deck, speakers et al are
long gone.

Anybody got a positive ground AM radio?

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT