Some more observations

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some more observations
From: "Hans Mattes" <mattes@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:38:34 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've got to agree with Jim Stuart on this.  A 390 Holley or a 500
Edelbrock/Carter/Webersnob carb is plenty large.  Breathing problems on the
Buick/Rover motor are not the result of undersized 4 barrel carbs.  That said,
I could never get my 390 Holley to run right.  Swapping to a 500 Edelbrock was
a big help, but changing my JWR dual port snobby manifold for an Edelbrock
performer was the best move of all.

But I still blew up my motor.

So I put in a Honda (S2000) and installed an aftermarket engine management
system.

They say that's what's remarkable about dancing bears is not that they dance
well but that they dance at all.

It's the same with carburetors.

If you want good dancing, try fuel injection.

It really is possible for all spark plugs to be the same color.

Hans Mattes
mattes@sonic.net