Re: slightly off topic - Midget

To: MGB-V8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: slightly off topic - Midget
From: "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu" <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:30:17 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
>Listers,
>
>That car was built in Palo Alto, CA back when I was in high school - My
>friend, Jimmy Johnson bought the car later and I was able to ride in it -
>IT WAS INSANE!!!! They had to use a Powerglide because there was no room
>for three pedals in the footwell between the kick panel and the
>transmission hump - you drove with your feet on the pedals at all times!
>The car had stock brakes! Anything is doable, but why???!!!
>
>  A Mazda rotary can produce as much power and will sort of fit!!!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rick Feibusch
>Venice, CA

the rotary sprites/midgets are awesome cars...I have a picture of one
that I took at the SCCA Solo II national tour in Ayer, MA this July.
This one was very nice...a detailed buildup and it had the full
drivetrain from a RX7 GSL-SE with a 3-bar trailing link rear, panhard
rod and coilovers all around.

Spridgets are the perfect candidates for the rotary conversion.

Joe Pitassi