Re: transmission tunnel prep question.

To: mikecousins1@yahoo.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: transmission tunnel prep question.
From: BlkfxdWG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:35:45 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/26/2000 2:38:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mikecousins1@yahoo.com writes:

<< I think I remember Glenn Towery saying
 that this was unnecessary and that all you had to do was to beat the
 crap out of it with a sledge hammer ! >>

I used this method on my '79 'B.  Actually, I didn't need a sledge hammer. I
used a 4 pound short handled hammer and only slighty "massaged" it a bit.
That is with a Buick 215 bellhousing, T-5 trans., & A/C type mounts. You may
need a bit more room for the Rover trans., but in my case, definitely no need
for anything radical like tunnel surgery. :)

Good luck to you,

Carl Floyd