Re: lower radiator hose

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: lower radiator hose
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry,

Sorry for the late response, out driving the V8 last
night and most of today :-)

I used a pretty rough looking combination of hose and
pipe.  I'm using the Ford 289 radiator, which has a 1
3/4" outlet on the right side.  From the outlet, I
have a hose 90, a very short length of pipe, and then
a hose 45, a length of pipe, up by the frame rail, and
then another hose 90 to the water pump.  Does it work?
 Sure.  Is it pretty?  No.  For pipe, I used PVC
coated conduit, 1.5" electrical conduit.  Pretty
expensive stuff, used in industrial settings.   But
it's a little quieter than regular pipe.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the project.

Glenn

http://mail.yahoo.com/