Re: what ford 8 inch rearend came with posi

To: Julie Ann Phillips <jphillips@cvalley.net>, v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what ford 8 inch rearend came with posi
From: "Ron Howard" <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 09:48:19 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm using a 8" Ford w/ posi built for me by a company called Currie
Enterprises (I can give more info on them if anybody wants.) in California.
When I asked what it came from I was told it probably came from a Ford
Torino. Currie was able to not only narrow the axle housings, but also
fitted a set of ventilated disk brakes. They look and feel awesome. If I had
it to do over again, I would not use the posi unit. It makes the car feel a
little heavy steering at slow speeds, like it just wants to go straight...
and it sounds clunky.  Also, with my relatively tame '62 Buick engine, I
don't think it is necessary for traction.

ron howard
'74 MG-B
'74 MGB-GT/Buick 215

I need to know what fords came with the