RE: START THE CONVERSION

To: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>, MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: START THE CONVERSION
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:28:57 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
In my humble opinion the single best source for V8 conversion
information is Kurt's newsletter.  His newsletter is filled with
information that Kurt has assembled.  In addition there are always
several "How it was done" articles.  Well worth the money.  In fact I
would recommend if you contact Kurt you might want to consider buying
all the back issues.

It probably should be noted that Kurt is "passing the baton" to Robin
Merryweather.  Kurt will publish the Feb 1999 issue and Robin will
take over in August of 1999.  Apparently Kurt decided publishing the
newsletter was too intensive and he needed a life.  I for one
appreciate all the work he put into the newsletter and am grateful he
had the inspiration to start it up.  I think we can all look forward
to Robin coming on board.  He has "big shoes to fill" but if anyone
can do it, it's Robin.

For those of you that don't know Robin, he comes to the publisher job
with great credentials.  I am certainly not the one to give you all
the info about Robin but I do know he owns a Costello conversion, his
own conversion and a GT under construction.  He is the Chairman of the
North American MGB Register, and he hosted the first V8 convention.
Robin has excellent ties back to England, he was born there, in fact I
think he once told me he has a couple of MG V8's in England.  I almost
forgot he is one heck of a percussionist too.

I *think* you can find Robin lurking around this list once and a
while, ya out there Robin?  I know that when this list began Robin
dropped by.

You may want to check these URLs you will probably find some good
information at these locations.

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/

http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/v8conv/v8conv1.html

This is the newsletter info.

The NAMGBR V-8 Registrar
Kurt Schley
1855 Northview Rd.
Rocky River, OH 44116
(440) 331-4205
e-mail: mgv8news@aol.com

Hope this helps

Larry Hoy
Denver CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (soon to be a V8)
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"