FW: T-5 transmission

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: T-5 transmission
From: Mark Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:25:52 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
[BOUNCE mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at
line 9]

     From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
     Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:18:07 -0700
     Subject: T-5 transmission

Well I finally found my bellhousing.  I got it from Dan LaGrpu at D&D
Fabrications.  However my T-5 transmission "evaporated".  I thought I had
a T5 out of a 1989 Camero with the .63:1 5th gear ratio lined up for
purchase.  After talking to the guy selling it he said he thinks it is a
.73:1 ratio.  So I passed (picky, huh).  However, I just got off the
phone with another guy that says ALL T-5s out of 1989 or later Camero's
are .63:1.

Anyone out there know the facts?  I subscribe to Kurt Schley's newsletter
and have all the numbers to make the proper identification but at this
point have had to rely on the seller(s) to verify the numbers.  So if I
knew that "all" the later T-5s were the .63:1 then I would pursue the one
I had lined up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA