Re: Bob's Brake Saga - Brake Cylinder Orientation Update

To: "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "Dave & Liz DuBois"
Subject: Re: Bob's Brake Saga - Brake Cylinder Orientation Update
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:04:25 -0500
Dave:

    Well looks like I might have both sides wrong now! What I have now may
be equal amounts of less braking. What I thought was grabbing on the right
might just be proper operation. Any way there is a considerable amount of
braking difference between the two orientations.  The pictures/drawings in
the owners manual, the NEMGTR Restoration Manual and the workshop manual
seem to verify what you are saying Dave.

Before I tear down the front brakes again, everybody is this right?????????

On the right side, the front cylinder piston points down.

On the left side, the front cylinder piston points down.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361