Re: Why Two?

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: Why Two?
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:45:37 -0700
Bob is ABSOLUTELY correct.  I learned the hard way myself with an Exon
Valdez imitation, only mine was on the road.  When I finally realized I
had a problem it was on hitting the gas on the up grade side on the
Tacoma Narrows bridge and having the omonius rod clatter emenate from
the engine.  By the time we got the TD towed off the bridge, I had
traffic backed up some 10 miles.  I went back to the situation I had
before restoring my car, put the thin gasket in and got it seated
correctly and then leave it there as long as it doesn't leak.  Prior to
restoring the car, I had some 60,000 miles on the original gasket with
no leaks.  It too, was hard as a rock, but still sealing perfectly well.

Cheers,
Dave