RE: TD Carburetor Leak

To: "'BobMGT@aol.com'" <BobMGT@aol.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TD Carburetor Leak
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:29:25 -0500
Bob,

During the rebuild the banjo fittings may have been shined up with a wire
brush on a grinder so they looked nice.  This may have roughened the
surfaces of the fittings the fiber washers seal against causing your leaks.

I fixed my prettyfied banjo fittings by smoothing the sealing surfaces.  I
polished the surfaces by working the fittings by hand over 1000 grit wet dry
sanding paper placed face-up on a flat piece of metal for backing.

Jon