Re: TC Top

To: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>,
Subject: Re: TC Top
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:30:10 -0400
At 12:56 PM 05/29/2000 -0700, Nigel Geach  (CRFPULP) wrote:
>Hello all,
>I pulled my old semi disintegrated convertible top out from under the
>workbench and tried it out for fit last night, as I'm planning on replacing
>it soon ( it hasn't been attached to the car for over 19 years!) Needless to
>say, the frame is pretty rough, and I'd like to refinish it. It looks as if
>it was originally plated with dull chrome, cadmium, or whatever? but most of
>it has flaked off over time. Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct
>finish, and how to achieve it? Also, any advice on whose replacement tops
>and tonneaus fit the best. Thanks in advance.
>Nigel
>73 Triumph (Trident m/c)

Nigel,

The top frames and side curtain frames were painted tan. The tops were tan
material, originally some sort of surplus army canvas I believe. Moss had a
good match years ago, but it wasn't very waterproof. The tan color faded to
an off white after washing and sun light.

I leave to others what is available today as I last recovered mine in 1984.
The frames were never chrome.

Mike