TC Top

To: "'MG T series list'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC Top
From: "Nigel Geach (CRFPULP)" <Ngeach@fccl.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:56:08 -0700
Hello all,
I pulled my old semi disintegrated convertible top out from under the
workbench and tried it out for fit last night, as I'm planning on replacing
it soon ( it hasn't been attached to the car for over 19 years!) Needless to
say, the frame is pretty rough, and I'd like to refinish it. It looks as if
it was originally plated with dull chrome, cadmium, or whatever? but most of
it has flaked off over time. Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct
finish, and how to achieve it? Also, any advice on whose replacement tops
and tonneaus fit the best. Thanks in advance.
Nigel
73 Triumph (Trident m/c)