Re: Clutch Cable VS Clutch Rod

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Cable VS Clutch Rod
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 00:41:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/00 4:56:39 PM !!!First Boot!!!, mgbob@juno.com writes:

>   By the way, after you received about thirty opinions on the clutch
>  mechanism, what did you choose to use?

Bob:

I ordered a cable assembly. This is correct for my early TD anyway. I like
the idea that engine movement won't affect the clutch engagement with the
cable. With the rod (before I put in new engine mounts) I couldn't control
the clutch with any finesse. When I started up from a stand still I ether
squealed the tires or stalled the engine. But I must admit that this problem
went away once the engine mount was firmed up. So maybe I'm just wasting
money on the cable.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336