Re: MGT/MGA gear set swap

To: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: MGT/MGA gear set swap
From: Jerry Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:28:55 -0800

Dick Dell wrote:

> Awhile back a list subscriber sent me the process/ procedure to swap the
> ring gears from an MGA diff into an MGT diff. I think he lives in
> California and he has done many, many of these swaps.
>
> The subscriber had a lot of experience in this swap and his procedure was
> very detailed and helpful. I have not been able to find this email. If the
> lister is still here (or if anyone else has this procedure) could you send
> it to me please?
>
> Dick Dell
> Raleigh NC (with a rare 3" snowfall on the ground this morning)

Dick
The gentleman who did the basic research and wrote the book is Dr. Carl
Cederstrand. He is a member of the VMG (Vintage MG Club of Southern
California Inc. (cederstrand@earthlink.net. The VMG member that has done
hundreds of conversions is Butch Taras. He has e-mail, but I do not have his
address.
Jerry Felper