Re: XPAG Camshafts

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: XPAG Camshafts
From: Bob Peck <bobpeck@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:58:06 -0800
Bob-

Rebuilt my XPAG engine in my TF this year and used a 3/4 race camshaft from
Moss, part number 451-270 and their shorter pushrod set.  The engine is
running great but does not idle very well.  Occaisionally the idle decays
below 1000 and engine will not accellerate out of idle.  I think this is more
related to a problem with too much heat close to the carburetors (vapor lock)
rather than a cam problem.

When I rebuilt the engine, I found that the block and head had been ground on
a previous rebuild to increase compression and power.  With two head gaskets
I have 180 psi compression in all four cylinders. Have not had a problem with
detonation yet but have been mixing av gas and premium fuel.

Bob Peck