geez

Compatibility issue

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Compatibility issue
From: Fisher Patrick-r37492 <Patrick.Fisher@motorola.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:45:20 -0700
Not a GEEZ issue but something I thought I'd share with everyone else
regarding Palm and Windows based PDA's. My wife recently won an IPaq
3955 which she gave to me (ain't she great?). Anyway, after Sundays
autox I wasn't able to get my computer to recognize the Palm for
downloading. Long story short, the system eventually decided to
display a message stating that ActiveSync didn't recognize the device
that was trying to connect via the serial port. ActiveSync is the
software for syncing the IPaq to the system. Spent quite a bit of
time trying to get the connection to work but eventually had to
uninstall ActiveSync. After downloading the runs I reinstalled
the sync software.

If anyone has a work-around that would be great, otherwise I just
wanted to give a heads-up in case anyone is contemplating getting
a Pocket PC.

Best Regards,

Patrick Fisher
Az. Region SCCA