geez

Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?

To: GEEZ List <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?
From: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:36:58 -0500
The selling point is not in the accuracy of GPS, but the integration of
velocity data from GPS into the position data inferred from the
accelerometer readings. The combination of the two systems creates a far
more accurate result than either system can achieve on its own.

Whether that leads to a better GEEZ system is debatable, but I know I'd
like more accurate maps.
--
Ron Katona

Rush wrote:

> I don't think the DL90 would bring much added value to the GEEZ system,
> GPS info is just to coarse to add much accuracy or analytical depth. It
> would help you get a good first guess at ending speed, if you are like
> me and forget to check on course.
>
> There is a system for GPS whereby you can get inch readings, but it
> requires a local GPS transmitter on the site and customized receivers.
> Probably not a paying proposition at local events, (unless your local
> event is Ferrari or Porsche club,) but if Byron could be persuaded to
> add it to GEEZ and set up a transmitter at National events, you could
> compare anyone's track map with anyone else's. You'd get the kind of
> detail where you could see where hundredths are gained and lost. How
> valuable would that be to the national crazies?
>
> Jon

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///