geez

Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?

To: C Brown <brow@bright.net>
Subject: Re: GPS, Dataloggers & GEEZ?
From: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:35:36 -0500
As I understand the technical info on their web site, the DL90 has
inputs for external engine and wheel speed sensors (optional), AND a
GPS. You hook the GPS to the DL90 and you're all set. 100 samples/sec
data rate on all channels, 87 minutes of memory on board, 256 run
buffer. All data is then downloaded to a PC/Laptop and analyzed a-la
GEEZ. It integrates the GPS data to the accelerometer data to create
more accurate maps than a purely accelerometer based device is capable
of. I imagine it uses GPS mostly for accurate speed data. No need to
have two inputs to the laptop or to sync the GPS later - it's an
integrated system!

Ron

C Brown wrote:

> That is real interesting,  too bad most laptops only have on com port. Most
> GPS receivers output data continously, (every second) and the accuracy is
> probaby better than the 5 yards I WAGed. You could do it later, as the GPS
> does hold the data for the last 100 miles or so, depending on memory
> capacity.... Would have to have the clocks synced, the GPS uses an atomic
> one (from the satelites) so the PC one would be the stumbling block...
>
> Regards
> CB&Stoker

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list