geez

Re: Recording in a Kart (and to a Palm)

To: lmacleod@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Recording in a Kart (and to a Palm)
From: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:20:16 -0800 (PST)
I remember Byron was having problems with Handsprings serial support, so
probably better to stick with Palm itself for now... he was working on a
workaround fix on his end (making it non-standard serial), but I don't know
the status of that.

As for recording on a kart... both Alan Shiedler, Tom Harrington and myself
have experimented with it.  The best solution is to wrap the cube in a big
red towel and duct tape it to the stiffest part of the bellypan.  That will
isolate the buzzy vibrations, and give you pretty good recording.  Of course
the bumps will still skew your data a little, but it all evens out in the
end.

        --Darren

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list