fot

TR2 Longdoor (Lumpy) For Sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 Longdoor (Lumpy) For Sale
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:50:32 EST
       Lumpy was originally white with a red interior. The last bodywork done
on the car was done poorly, the painting (red) was very amateur, there has
been some damage to the body since the bodywork was done, and interior needs
to be totally redone. It has been in inside storage for many years.

       The engine, gearbox, and rear end serial numbers are from a late model
TR3 series. There is no reason to believe that anything on the car is
anything other than stock replacement parts. The car has not been run in many
years. It is basically buying a roller with complete drive train.

       I originally purchase this car with ideas that to build a TR2 racecar.
Previous owners have indicated that this car was raced at one time. I have
not been able to substantiate that claim. The only evidence is repairs were
the roll cage was attached inside the drivers compartment.

        Given recent prices paid for concours TR2 ($35,000), it may be
possible for someone with the personal skills to do body restoration to make
this project work for them. I simply do not have skills or time. Car is
currently located in Illinois.

       I would like to simply recover the $3,000 paid for it. Alternatively
will consider Triumph TR3, Spitfire or TR8 competition parts trades. If
interested, contact me offline.

Cary