[Roadsters] Fuel problems

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Fuel problems
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 03:48:09 -0700
Group,

On the way back from our Mississippi River run in July my engine started
missing to the point where I could barely keep it running even at freeway
speeds. I did make it home and found that my fuel pump was leaking. I
changed out the fuel pump and added a clear gas fuel filter before the fuel
pump the problem appeared to have been solved.  Last week during a lake
shore ride to see the Harley's here in Milwaukee for the 105th  she started
missing again. The engine would die but I was able to get it started again
and proceed towards home. The new fuel pump appears to be working and the
timing is at 16 btdc.  Bad fuel? Dirty/rusty fuel tank? Any ideas would be
welcome.

Thanks

Steve Harvey